Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Gift and A Vicarious Tour!

I could not resist buying this book for my sister's birthday. She is an avid knitter. And since our family is of Italian descent, it seemed like the perfect fit!


Of course, I also couldn't resist flipping carefully through it before mailing it off to my sister and I'm glad I did!




The book is called "Knitting in Tuscany" by Nicky Epstein. Along with some of her original patterns, the author presents tips and travel recommendations with beautiful photography and interesting commentary on the history of knitting in the region.



A glass of wine is always a welcome break!



I adore this beautiful knitted, wool version of Pinocchio! Author Carlo Collodi was born in Florence.




Siena is a beautiful, medieval city in Tuscany.




This is a knit wreath based on a terra cotta coat of arms for the Wool Guild. "On your wall, it declares your affiliation with the International Order of Knitters."


I found this book beautiful and inspirational. I couldn't begin to accomplish most of these projects, but I would love to wander around Tuscany and imagine doing them. I know my sister will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment